Use the sun to provide electricity with AGA Rayburn solar electric.
Our solar electric panels use the energy from the sun to generate electricity with no waste and no emissions - this can then be used to run appliances and lighting.
A solar electric system uses a series of Photovoltaic (PV) cells in a panel to convert daylight into electricity. The greater the intensity of light, the greater the flow of electricity.
The Solar photovoltaic system is particularly good news for electric AGA owners, the renewable energy will supplement the AGA electricity supply and store the energy usefully in the form of heat.
Solar electric systems produce no greenhouse gases when generating electricity. A typical domestic system can save approximately 1.2 tonnes of carbon dioxide per year, adding up to almost 30 tonnes over a system’s lifetime (Source: Energy Saving Trust January 09).
Here are just a few reasons to consider AGA Rayburn Solar Electric:
- Reduce your energy bills: sunlight is free, so by using the electricity as it is generated you will reduce your electricity costs.
- Generate your own electricity and get paid for it: You can claim the Government’s Feed-In Tariff (FIT) for the electricity you generate. If your solar panels are installed before the 1st August, this is 21p/kWh which is around £720 each year, for the next 20 years.**
- Sell excess electricity back to the grid network: If you don’t use all the electricity you generate, you can sell it back to the grid for 4.5p/kWh. Assuming this is half the electricity you generate, this would be £75 each year.**
- Good financial sense: Taking into account the savings on your electricity bill, together with the income from the Government’s Feed-In-Tariff, a typical system could earn you £1,020 a year over 20 years. Your system will pay for itself within around 9 years.**
- Use clean and renewable energy: Solar energy is green energy and doesn’t release any harmful carbon dioxide (CO2). A typical system will save over one tonne of CO2 a year, helping to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Generate electricity even when the sun isn’t shining! Our top quality panels ensure high performance even under low light conditions, such as cloudy days and in the morning and evening.
- Peace of mind: The solar panels have a manufacturer’s performance warranty for 25 years and an installation guarantee for 10 years.
For an update on the Government’s financial incentives for solar electric click here.
* Price reduction based on the cost of a 13 module 2.47kWp system. Original price £10,749.00. Current price £7,499.00.
** All figures are based on a 4kWp system (around 17 panels) facing south.
AGA Rayburn’s on roof Photovoltaic (PV) panels are manufactured to highest standards and available in a range of outputs for a wide variety of property sizes. Plus, all systems are competitively priced with a typical 13 module 2.47kWp setup costing just £7,499!